Position is weekdays, 1st shift. Salary 45K
This position is responsible for direct supervision and training of Billing Assistants, working closely with the Billing Manager to maintain a consistent and efficient work flow that covers all areas in the billing process.
Essential Job Functions
- Provides ongoing and direct supervision of billing assistants on insurance company interactions, claims resolution.
- Coordinate projects and the delegation of work to assigned staff.
- Acquires a strong working knowledge of AR+ billing software, set ups and transmitting and payment of claims.
- Communicates with payers to determine: verification of benefits that are applicable to services being rendered, authorization requirements and behavioral health specific claim submission requirements
- Utilizes applicable software and insurer reports to verify the completeness and accuracy of claims data. Follow up on claims errors and denials.
- Eligibility verification through state resources and insurance carriers, when applicable
- Maintains all billing related files, records and logs when applicable
- Initiates and tracks managed care authorizations and re-authorizations when required for assigned payers
- Ensure that l billing follow-through functions are performed at designated required intervals
- Oversees collection activity of billing staff
- Advises billing manager of individual account resolution issues or payer specific claim payment related issues
- Attends payer-specific billing related meetings and trainings as required
- Facilitates a positive and constructive work environment with other managers within the building and organization
- Provides coverage for billing manager
- Other related duties as assigned by supervisor
- Effectively problem solve and escalate for resolution to management, billing company or payer when necessary
- direct, train and prioritize the work of billing assistants and other assigned staff.
- work independently with little direction and attention to detail
- prioritize individual and staff work and apply judgment in various situations
- ensure that task completion is in compliance with applicable laws and regulations
- multi-task and work in a fast paced environment
- Utilize excel to track residential recovery home and recovery coach census, billing and authorization
- Experience with automated billing and accounts receivable software
- Strong customer service and interpersonal skills
- Ability to effectively and professionally communicate with all levels of the organization, clients and payer representatives
- High School or General Equivalency Diploma (GED) Required; Minimum 2 year degree preferred or significant experience
- 3 years recent experience in billing, claims processing and follow-up in an outpatient healthcare setting, preferably behavioral health; experience with claims research and collections, CPT/ICD10 codes. Outpatient behavioral health experience strongly preferred
- At least 2 year of solid staff supervisory experience
- Strong working knowledge of health insurance reimbursement and billing procedures required
- Experience with insurance authorizations strongly preferred
- Proficiency with applications such as MS word and excel required
- Ability to pass a Criminal Offender Record Information check (CORI)
- Ability to pass a Driver’s license check (RMV)
- Works in office, temperature regulated
- Extended monitor viewing and keyboard use is required
- Lifting up to 40 pounds
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions