Mobile Respite Direct Care
Full timeFull time
Position is full-time in four days!
Essential Job Functions
- Provide safe, intensely supervised, supportive therapeutic environment for adults needing respite services in home settings
- Implement individualized treatment plans for each person served
- Coordinate/collaborate with network of providers identified for each person served
- Assist with Activities of Daily Living (ADLS).
- Actively engage with and encourage participation of persons served in esteem building, recreational and therapeutic activities throughout their admission which are appropriate to individual’s unique stabilization needs.
- Make careful observations regarding persons served behavior and emotional status and communicate this clearly and completely to the appropriate staff and in written materials.
- Provide transportation when necessary to facilitate treatment plan.
- Become directly involved assisting persons served with household management needs, i.e., laundry, meal preparation, household cleaning, grocery shopping. Supervise participation in such activities when appropriate for level of stabilization needs.
- Assist person served with establishing support system, connecting with family and community supports
- Complete all paperwork in a timely and professional manner.
- Participate in all relevant staff meetings, supervision and required trainings, i.e., OSHA, CPR, First Aid, etc.
- Keep supervisor(s) well-informed and update all treatment team members on a regular basis.
- Complete all tasks assigned which impact on the organized functioning of the program.
- Provide an atmosphere conductive to enhancing mental health and recovery in keeping with human rights of persons served.
- Provide services in an energetic, enthusiastic manner.
- Pay careful attention to working as a team member with other respite staff, members of the clinical team and other providers.
- Represent the agency in a professional manner at all times in keeping with the quality of care expected by Brien Center.
- Flexibly respond to program scheduling needs and assist other programs when assigned.
- Report any incident regarding accidents, injuries and unusual events to program supervisor.
- Follow all program/agency policies and procedures.
- High school diploma/GED required, B.A. in related field preferred
- Maintain valid driver’s license and a working automobile during shifts
- Experience in residential and crisis intervention preferred
- Knowledge of community resources
- Working knowledge of computers