Peer Specialist - Adult/Youth Mobile Crisis Intervention (CBHC)
Full and Part-Time available, 1st and 2nd Shift and part-time on weekends!
This position is responsible for helping to make AMCI services welcoming, supportive and responsive to individuals who utilize them and their support system. Peer Specialists convey hope and provide psycho-education, including information about recovery, rehabilitation, and crisis self-management.
Essential Job Functions
- Provide safe, intensely supervised, and supportive therapeutic environment.
- Assist in arranging services to which the individual is referred following an AMCI intervention. Work with the individual and their support system during the transition to those follow up services.
- Support the explanation of the process to access services, availability of self-help resources, and provide follow up for those who may or may not be ready to accept help at the time of initial contact.
- Complete all paperwork in a timely manner.
- Participate in all relevant staff meetings, supervision and required trainings, i.e., OSHA, CPR, First Aid, etc.
- Keep supervisor(s) well informed and update all treatment team members on a regular basis.
- Complete all tasks assigned which impact on the organized functioning of the program.
- Provide an atmosphere conductive to enhancing mental health and recovery in keeping with human rights of individuals
- Must provide services in a caring, compassionate manner that supports empowerment of the individual.
- Provide services in an energetic, enthusiastic manner
- Pay careful attention to working as a team member with other AMCI staff.
- Represent the agency in a professional manner at all times in keeping with the quality of care expected by the Brien Center
- Flexibly respond to program scheduling needs and assist other programs when assigned.
- Report any incident regarding the use of physical restraint, accidents, injuries and unusual events to program supervisor
- Follow all program/agency policies and procedures
- High School or General Equivalency Diploma required
- Certification as Peer Specialist required within 6 months if being hired.
- Knowledge of community resources
- Proficient knowledge of computers
- Must have excellent telephone and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work in a variety of settings including but not limited to: community based location; consumer home, schools, community agencies
- Facilitate groups in other community locations
- Manual & visual dexterity; correctable
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions