Medical Screener - Adult/Youth Mobile Crisis Intervention (CBHC)
Weekdays, 2nd shift; Part-Time weekends, 1st and 2nd shift!
This position is responsible for initial medical screening on presentation to AMCI/YMCI and ongoing monitoring.
Essential Job Functions
CLINICAL DUTIES/PATIENT CARE:
- Assist AMCI/YMCI staff with medical aspects of assessment including taking and monitoring vital signs, screening for substance intoxication or withdrawal, gathering information regarding current and past prescribed medications, medical symptoms, medical diagnoses, and current medical providers.
- Determine medical stability for disposition to higher levels of care.
- Coordinate, collaborate and communicate with Brien Center colleagues, and other service organizations and providers such as PCP offices, DMH, DSS, etc. in the community.
- Provide coverage for other medical screeners when required.
- Treat patients and referral sources in a respectful and caring manner.
- Maintain clear and legible client records and complete documentation in a timely manner.
- Attend and participate in clinical supervision on a regular basis.
- Attend staff meetings and agency trainings as scheduled.
- Attend provider meetings and case supervision with direct care/community providers as directed or assigned.
- Provide training to new employees as directed or assigned.
- Provide oversight to student interns as directed or assigned.
- Cover shifts as assigned.
- Participate in program development and CQI/QA projects.
- Participate in case supervision.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Follow and adhere to the policies and procedures of the Acute Care Division and the Brien Center.
- Maintain ethical and professional standards.
- Represent the Brien Center in a professional manner in all community contacts.
- Demonstrate a commitment to the Brien Center’s mission and community mental health principles.
- Flexibly respond to program needs.
- Work cooperatively with other staff and team members.
- Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) or Emergency Medical Technician (EMT) required
- CORI and RMV check
- High regard for professionalism and confidentiality
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to deal with a wide variety of people and personalities
- Ability to multi-task and manage projects simultaneously with a high regard for detail and accuracy
- Ability to manage multiple phone lines
- Proficient computer skills and ability to enter information timely and accurately
- Ability to work in a variety of settings including but not limited to: office; hospital emergency departments; hospital psychiatric and medical floors; police stations; patient homes; community agencies; schools, etc.
- Manual and visual dexterity; correctable
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.