Medical Office Assistant - Child and Adolescent Services
Part-Time, Tuesday and Wednesday, 1st Shift!
This position is responsible for managing calls for medical staff members, scheduling client appointments, managing medical charts and related information and assists with providing general front-desk support in our Child and Adolescent Outpatient Clinic.
Essential Job Functions
- Screen incoming phone calls for medical staff members.
- Return phone calls to clients who have left messages for medical staff members. (It is expected that every effort will be made to make these return phone calls on the same day they are received.)
Scheduling and Appointments
- Schedule medical staff member appointments according to the scheduling policy. This includes the scheduling of any client service transactions, meetings and time off when applicable.
- Medical assistants may serve as a back-up for reminder calls. .
- Daily monitoring of next day’s schedule for accuracy
- Run daily MassPatt reports for medical staff
- Pull charts in circumstances where the medical staff member specifically requests the chart. Regular chart retrieval is the responsibility of the designated support staff person at site.
- Obtain laboratory information at the requests of a medical staff
- Complete prior authorization documents with assistance from RNs as needed
- Enter Roger’s Orders information into the information system.
- Obtain lab results for urine tox screens
- Complete both urine and oral swab tox screen collections
Assistance to Clients
- Assist medical staff member and clients with referrals to other agencies for additional support services when appropriate.
- Contact insurance companies, when applicable, to secure any necessary authorization related paperwork. Intake Coordinators are responsible for securing authorizations for clients who are seeing a medical staff member for the first time. Clinicians are responsible for securing authorizations for clients they are referring to a medical staff member.
- Complete PT1 forms
- Distribute prescriptions that have been authorized for pick-up Assist patients with medication questions, renewals and prior authorizations
- Provide coverage for other medical assistants when required.
- Provide coverage for other front desk personnel only when absolutely necessary.
- Serve as initial contact with drug company representatives.
- Monitor vitals per request
- High School or General Equivalency Diploma
- A Certification in Medical Assisting (preferred) or one of the following:
- 3-5 years of proven office experience in a medical or clinical setting
- Certification or official training as a Medical Office or Administrative Assistant or related with 1-2 years of proven office experience
- High regard for professionalism and confidentiality
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to deal with a wide variety of people and personalities
- Ability to multi-task and manage projects simultaneously with a high regard for detail and accuracy
- Ability to manage multiple phone lines
- Proficient computer skills and ability to enter information timely and accurately
- Works in office; temperature regulated
- May be expected to work in a number of Brien Center locations
- Manual and visual dexterity; correctable
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.