Nurse Care Manager
The Nurse Care Manager will collaborate with Clinical Care Managers and Care Coordinators as well as other Community Partner (BH CP) staff to contribute to medically-oriented aspects of the BH CP services with a focus on integration and coordination of care. The Nurse Care Manager will be responsible for reviewing Assessments and adding medical information before submitting to the Clinical Care Manager for final approval. The Nurse Care Manager will be responsible for assisting with or completing Person-Centered Treatment Plans (PCTP). This position supports and supervises Care Coordinators working with medically complex individuals and their families. The Nurse Care Manager will be responsible for conducting and supporting medication reconciliation activities for BH CP enrollees.
Essential Job Functions
- Assist the Interdisciplinary Care Team (ICT) with assessing and determining medical, behavioral, substance use, and psychosocial support needs for enrollees in the BH CP Program.
- Collaborate with Health Care Providers, Social Service Providers, enrollees, BH CP team, and other supports to ensure whole-person centered care.
- Oversee Care Coordinator’s facilitation of communication between community providers.
- Provide weekly supervision to Care Coordinators.
- Establish positive relationships with community organizations and services.
- Work collaboratively with the BH CP Program team as well as medical and behavioral health care providers to coordinate information for care management and coordination, care transitions, medication reconciliation and health and wellness coaching.
- Review and augment assessments and person centered care plans to include appropriate medication information and health goals.
- Provide health related consultation and recommendations to care coordinators, providers, and others as appropriate.
- Assist in determining appropriate level of care based on the Comprehensive Assessment and Person-Centered Treatment Plan.
- Report workflow processes on a weekly basis to the Clinical Care Manager on the team in which they are assigned
- Complete all required documentation in a timely manner.
- Provide temporary assistance with transportation to needed appointments in the absence of Care Coordinator or other options.
- Attend Interdisciplinary Care Team (ICT) Meetings as required. Participate in care transitions as required.
- Participate in supervision as required.
- Participate in all trainings as required.
- Represent agency in a professional manner in all community contacts.
- Maintain ethical and professional standards.
- Demonstrate a commitment to the Agency’s mission and community mental health principles.
- Driver’s license checks (RMV).
- Criminal Offender Record Information Check (CORI).
- Meet all credentialing requirements.
- Registered Nurse with current licensure in Massachusetts required.
- Minimum of one year experience in nursing or healthcare within the last 5 years.
- Experience working with adults with serious and persistent mental illness and substance use disorders.
- Experience with local resources, navigating health, behavioral health, and substance use treatment systems.
- Proficient computer skills and knowledge of EHR systems
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- The ability to pay close attention to detail.
- Flexible and able to adapt to frequently changing standards and priorities.
- Excellent communication, documentation, time management, and organizational skills.
- Works in office and community settings.
- Travel to sites as needed.
Physical Conditions and Requirements
- Most functions are computerized.
- Lifting might be required.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of their positions.