Recovery Coach - Addiction Treatment
This position will support persons in recovery from addiction through promoting wellness and creating community networks. The Addiction Recovery Coach will promote person centered self determination and decision making through the use of their own recovery stories and lived experience.
- A high school or equivalency diploma
- Certification from an approved Recovery Coach curriculum
- Must have a Massachusetts driver’s license and a registered car
- If in personal recovery, a minimum of one year continuous abstinence
Qualifications and Skills
- Individual with lived experience and possessing strong personal skills and professional peer support skills to self disclose in a manner that is trauma sensitive for the purpose of promoting recovery and wellness for persons served.
- Open to medication assisted treatment and harm reduction concepts and goals;
- Computer skills.
- Strong listening, oral and presentation (communication) skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work with a diverse population
- Ability to honor recovery coaching ethics and confidentiality
- Knowledge of community resources and ability to connect with those resources.