Counselor - Emergency Services Provider
Full-Time 1st and 2nd Shift - MONDAY - FRIDAY! No WEEKENDS!
Part-time, Saturday and Sunday, 12 Noon to 10 PM!!
This position is responsible for providing support to patients via phone and in person, assisting ESP Clinicians and providing additional support to the Acute Care Services staff.
Essential Job Functions
- Provide support via phone and in person to individuals in crisis
- Accompany ESP Clinicians during assessments of individuals in crisis
- Assist ESP Clinicians with making referrals
- Assist in executing dispositions determined by the ESP Clinician
- Perform bed searches
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field required
- Previous experience in field preferred
- Ability to interact well with the public and work with a wide variety of people
- Valid driver’s license with reliable transportation and appropriately insured vehicle strongly preferred
- Excellent oral & presentation skills
- Leadership talent and the ability to delegate effectively
- Proficient computer skills
- Knowledge of community resources
- Ability to handle multiple tasks
- Ability to work and prioritize tasks appropriately and work well independently
- Ability to conduct and present themselves professionally
- High regard for professionalism and confidentiality
- Works in office, Emergency Department and outreaches to multiple locations
- Manual & visual dexterity; correctable
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.