Engagement Specialist Manager
The Engagement Specialist Manager will provide oversight and direction to ensure outreach, engagement, assessment, and person centered treatment planning for individuals enrolled in the Brien Center’s Behavioral Health community Partner (BHCP) Program. She/He has full oversight and direction of Enrollee integrated assessment, person centered care plan, and community services/needs to support delivery of treatment for Enrollees with Serious Mental Illness, Co-occurring disorders, and Substance Use Disorders in collaboration with the Interdisciplinary Team and BHCP staff. While primarily based in Pittsfield, this position highly visible and requires strong leadership with the ability to prioritize, plan, and direct office activities and is expected travel and work out of other BHCP offices as necessary.
Essential Job Functions
- Provide administrative direction and supervision to assigned staff (Engagement Specialists)
- Oversee and manage the direction of outreach, engagement, assessment, and person centered care planning activities for new BH CP members.
- Oversee and ensure all outreach processes such as phone calls, emails, sending out appointment cards, and utilizing EHR systems to locate new enrollees are being completed.
- Under direction of the Program Director and Administrative Manager complete information data gathering of new enrollees to then outreach and engage them in BHCP.
- Monitor and review daily assignments, adhoc and urgent referrals for outreach with Administrative Manager.
- Medical records oversight and PCP collaboration.
- Active participant and member of BH CP Quality Improvement Committee
- Track assessment completion, Care Plan completion and Engagement timelines.
- Assist Enrollee in navigating the network of community based services and information as needed.
- Keep discharge tracker for new members who decline services in order to report to Program Director and Administrative Manager for monthly disenrollment’s
- Complete care team assignments and warm handoffs to the care team once member has completed an assessment for continued care coordination with BHCP.
- Plan and implement quality assurance monitoring for all processes.
- Oversee the development and implementation of administrative processes to facilitate efficient and effective workflow(s) with the care coordination team
- Complete needed referrals as part of the assessment and care planning process and ensure that all Behavioral Health Community Partner (BH CP) referrals are assigned a care team and is responsible for the recruitment and engagement activities involving enrollees.
- In collaboration with BH CP interdisciplinary team, identify cultural and linguistic needs and preferences and deliver person-centered care based on those needs.
- Provide daily oversight and support and weekly formal supervision to Engagement Specialists.
- Support and maintain the principles and policies of the agency and BCHP Program.
- Attend meetings as scheduled or requested.
- Flexibly respond to program scheduling needs
- Communicate a sense of hopefulness and respect for enrollee rights and for colleagues
- Represent the agency in a professional manner in all community contacts
- Demonstrate a commitment to the agency’s mission and values.
- Driver’s license checks (RMV).
- Criminal Offender Record Information Check (CORI).
- Attend and complete trainings as required.
- RN, MSW, LMHC, LCSW, LICSW required
- Experience in community-based behavioral health support programs preferred.
- Experience with accessing local resources, navigating health, behavioral health and/or substance use treatment systems preferred
- Experience providing person-centered care coordination and care management to adults with mental illness and substance use disorders
- Experience with assessment tools and treatment planning
- strong leadership and communication skills (both verbal and written) and the ability to effectively communicate with businesses, co-workers and individuals with different cultural and educational experiences.
- Ability to direct and motivate direct reports
- Ability to act professionally and represent the organization in a professional manner
- Organized, self directed and able to work with minimal supervision. Ability to act effectively in making and communicating decisions.
- Proficient skills working with electronic records technology and Microsoft office applications including Excel, Word, Outlook and PowerPoint, trouble-shooting electronic applications.
- Positive, collaborative attitude particularly with regard to staff management and fluid participation in team roles
- Excellent supervisory skills including ability to perform or manage communications, documentation, time management and organizational needs