Clinician - Intensive Outpatient Program and Day Treatment
This position is responsible for completing assessments for new clients, conducting Substance Use Disorder Group Therapy, completing insurance authorizations and working with a Multidisciplinary Team as the Structured Addiction Treatment Program (SOAP, or Day Treatment) Clinician.
Essential Job Functions
- Complete addiction intake assessments including all required documentation.
- Provide Substance Use Disorder Group Therapy for Day Treatment clients.
- Update records including admission and discharge forms and daily group notes
- Contact and follow-up with client’s therapist regarding client’s treatment and insurance providers as required
- Participate in all relevant staff , treatment meetings, scheduled supervision and interagency committees
- Ensure compliance with DPH and all agency policies
- Assist with managing program and daily operations to agency and other compliance standards
- Oversee accuracy of records and maintain record keeping standards
- Participate in Multidisciplinary Team and associated meetings
- Communicate a knowledge of the process of addiction with hopefulness and respect
- Demonstrate evidenced-based approaches towards client engagement and treatment including motivational interviewing techniques
- Flexibly respond to program scheduling needs and represent the agency in a professional manner in all community contacts and interagency committees
- Master’s degree in psychology, counseling or other clinical licensed eligible concentration.
- LICSW, LCSW, LMHC or LADAC preferred.
- Substance Abuse Services experience in working with groups and individuals preferred.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced work environment
- Ability to multi-task and work with a wide variety of people
- Ability to write clear and concise reports
- Computer literacy