Counselor - Co-Occurring Enhanced Recovery Program
**These two full-time positions are first shift, weekdays and weekends**
This position is responsible for implementing individual treatment plans,, participating in weekly team meetings, facilitating groups and providing one on one clinical services to the residents of Keenan House North..
Essential Job Functions
- Work collaboratively with the clinical supervisor, program manager, nurse, recovery specialist supervisor, case worker and direct care staff to assist Keenan House North Residents with individual treatment plans.
- Implement individual treatment plans, facilitate groups and coordinate clinical services.
- Maintain residents records and up to date documentation
- Make treatment recommendations and referrals as appropriate.
- Assists with aftercare and discharge planning
- Participate in all relevant staff and treatment meetings and scheduled supervision
- Maintain safety and quality of site and report any incidents or accidents to supervisor
- Make independent decisions on and off site based on program requirements
- Ensure compliance with BSAS and all agency policies
- Oversee accuracy of records and maintain record keeping standards
- Communicate a knowledge of the process of mental illness, addiction and co-occurring disorders with hopefulness and respect
- Participate in trainings revolving around motivational interviewing, trauma informed care, or other best practices annually
- Flexibly respond to program scheduling needs and represent the agency in a professional manner in all community contacts and interagency committees
- A Bachelors degree in one of the following disciplines or a closely related field is required: psychology, social work, counseling, or related field.
- Eligibility for licensure is desirable but not required
- Valid driver’s license and use of a personally insured vehicle
- Proficient computer skills in using web based e-mail and ability to data enter information into spreadsheets and word processing documents
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with a wide variety of people
- Knowledge of community services
- Ability to write clear and concise reports
- Ability to make independent decisions based on defined treatment goals