Program Director of Respite
To provide overall oversight and management of the DMH Transitional beds in Berkshire County.
Essential Job Functions
- Follow and adhere to the policies and procedures of the Acute Care Division and the Brien Center
- Maintain ethical and professional standards
- Represent the Brien Center in a professional manner in all community contacts
- Demonstrate a commitment to the Brien Center’s mission and community mental health principles
- Flexibly respond to program needs
- Work cooperatively with other staff and team members
- Provide oversight of staff within the Brenton program.
CLINICAL DUTIES/PATIENT CARE:
- Treat consumers and referral sources in a respectful and caring manner
- Provide a complete diagnostic assessment to include risk assessment, differential diagnosis, and level of care recommendations
- Provide collateral information to community supports and assist the consumer in discharge planning process and connection to alternative levels of care
- Hold family meetings as needed
- Manage crisis situations as necessary
- Coordinate and collaborate with the Department of Mental Health utilizing the care and treatment plans for consumers in the DMH Transitional beds
- Work collaboratively with the crisis team, hospitals, and other referral sources
- Obtain authorization, utilization review, and collaborate with insurance companies as needed .
- Provide supervision to all the direct care staff at Brenton.
- Provide clinical direction and oversight at Brenton.
- Write and review all clinical policies and procedures in conjunction with the Division Director.
- Complete performance evaluations on all direct care staff
- Maintain clear and legible client records and complete documentation in a timely manner
- Submit SAL’s and documentation at the end of each shift
- Attend and participate in clinical supervision with the Division Director
- Co- lead staff meetings with the Division Director and the other Acute Service managers
- Attend provider meetings and case supervision
- Participate in program development and CQI/QA projects
- Perform other duties as assigned
- PhD, MSW or Master’s Degree in Psychology, Counseling, Psychiatric Nursing other equivalent graduate clinical degree
- Must be licensed in social work or mental health
- 2-3 year’s post license clinical experience preferred
- Must have valid drivers license and use of personal vehicle
- Excellent oral and presentation skills
- Leadership talent and ability to think quickly and determine and implement clinical decisions
- Demonstrate clear leadership ability to other team members
- Decisive decision making and clinical expertise in crisis theory and intervention
- Working knowledge of computers
- Knowledge of DSM IV
- Knowledge of community resources