Senior Office Manager
The Senior Office Manager is responsible to oversee the operations of all support services for one of the major outpatient / program sites of the Brien Center in Pittsfield. As the primary point person for this location, this position is responsible for supply purchasing, coordination with information technology, facilities management and the leasing management entity on building and technology issues pertaining to multiple programs within the building. This position is responsible for the supervision of office support and medical records staff, training general staff on office procedures and computer access, completion of administrative assignments, management of medical records, document management, front-end billing processes, scheduling, purchasing, and participation in quality improvement initiatives. The Senior Office Manager should be analytical, detail-oriented, flexible, decisive and have strong supervisory, interpersonal and communication skills. He/she will exercise independent judgment while making timely and well reasoned decisions. The position reports to the billing manager, with functional responsibility to the division directors overseeing programs in the facility.
Essential Job Functions
- Support Division Director and administrative management in development and management of agency policies/procedures pertaining to the facility.
- Coordinate facility issues with staff at all levels of the organization including staff level, supervisor, division directors and senior management, facilities department and IT department.
- Supervise Office and medical records Staff
- Manage electronic data collection for the site, generate reports, assist in creation of reports.
- Coordinate training of staff on front office billing processes, collections from clients on check-in
- Liaison to IT Department for various departments within the building.
- Coordinate training of staff on insurance authorization processes. Provide administrative assistance in various projects.
- Coordinate telephone coverage, answer and manage phone calls as needed.
- Assist in orientation of new staff to office procedures and computer utilization.
- Coordinate the use of all office space and assignment for per diem, residents or other providers.
- Coordinate and manage F.T.T. program
- Provide backup coverage for intake staff and medial assistants, when necessary.
- Provide back-up for staff as needed.
- Previous reception/office supervisory experience in a large volume office, preferably medical or similar outpatient operation. Ability to function within the organization at a management level and effectively interact with all levels of the organization.
- Advanced computer and data entry skills and use of Microsoft office products.
- Ability to problem-solve, interact well with staff, clients, the public and work with a wide variety of people.
- Must be organized, detail oriented, flexible, decisive and deliberative.
- Ability to handle multiple assignments at once, resolve specific problems quickly, and meet deadlines.
- Ability to answer phones professionally and manage multiple phone lines
- Ability to conduct and present themselves professionally
- High regard for professionalism and confidentiality
- Must have High School Diploma with at least three years of relevant experience, an Associates's degree in related field is preferred.
Required Key Skills
- Microsoft Office Programs including Excel, Word, PowerPoint
- Microsoft Outlook
- Database experience
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to type a minimum of 40 wpm