Program Director - Adult Outpatient Services
Program Director of Adult Outpatient Services (Pittsfield & Great Barrington)
Clinical leadership position for the Brien Center, the largest provider of community behavioral health services in the Berkshires located in Western Massachusetts!
- We celebrate diversity, equity, inclusivity and social justice
- Serving Berkshire County
- Competitive salary and generous PTO benefits
- Position reports directly to the Division Director of Adult & Family Services
Immediate opening for a Program Director position for Adult and Family Services which includes the oversight of outpatient clinics in Pittsfield and Great Barrington
Essential Job Functions
- Ensures that timely access to evidenced based behavioral health services is a priority
- Supervision of all levels of clinical staff, including recommendations of staffing changes to the Division Director
- Understand and educate staff about regulations, expectations and policies of licensing bodies and payers
- Assist in administrative oversight of the outpatient clinics including productivity, billing submission, documentation, and scheduling of clinicians
- Timely completion of reports/records necessary for clinical practice
- Participate in agency-wide programs and planning as needed
- Consult and coordinate with other programs and agencies as needed
- Coordinate treatment reviews
- Audit client charts to inform client practice
- Complete annual evaluations for assigned staff
- Monitor productivity, utilization and caseloads of staff in division
- Identify training needs; ensure staff compliance with mandatory training requirements.
- Conduct training for staff and community
- Participate in serious incident reviews
- Lead quality improvement projects to meet agency and division QI goals
- Assist in resolution of client complaints
- Master’s /PhD. Degree in social work, psychology or counseling
- Independently licensed LICSW, LMHC and PhD required.
- Minimum of five (5) years of supervisory and clinical experience in community mental health,.
- Strong clinical/supervisory experience required.
- Knowledge and experience in diagnostic and treatment procedures.
- Skill and experience in clinical supervision as a teaching tool.
- Ability to transmit knowledge to others..
- Knowledge of community mental health systems and community resources.
- Demonstrated experience in areas of management skills, i.e., program development, human resource management and basic fiscal operation
- Ability to effectively and professionally represent the agency in a variety of settings.
- Excellent oral and presentation skills.
- Must demonstrate ability to work with diverse communities and support diversity, equity and inclusion initiatives
- Leadership talent and the ability to delegate effectively.
- Working knowledge of computers.
- Knowledge of community resources.
- Support and maintain the principles and policies of the agency.
- Flexibly respond to program scheduling needs.
- Encourage independence.
- Represent agency in a professional manner in all community contacts.
- Maintain ethical and professional standards
- Demonstrate a commitment to the Agency’s mission and community mental health principles.
- Valid US driver’s license.
- Use of personally insured automobile.
- Driver’s License check (RMV).
- Criminal Offender Record Information check (CORI).
- Meets all credentialing requirements.